The Jesuits in Britain developed a variety of ministries alongside the parish in Wimbledon. In 1892, they purchased Brackenbury’s, the Anglican Preparatory Military Academy, which had closed down in 1887 and re-opened it as Wimbledon College. The school became a grammar school in 1944 and a comprehensive school in 1969, and over the ensuing years, has substantially increased its facilities. It is currently a state-maintained, voluntary aided (non-fee paying), secondary school for Catholic boys aged 11 to 18, with 1250 pupils on its roll and with a joint sixth form with the nearby all-girls Ursuline High School, Wimbledon. Wimbledon College specialises in sports (especially rugby), extra-curricular activities and the arts, in particular drama and music.
Head: Mr Adrian Lang
Tel. 020 8946 2533