Vacancy in our Spirituality Team
Mount Street Jesuit Centre is situated in the heart of London and offers opportunities to explore and deepen your knowledge, experience and understanding of yourself, God and your place in God’s world.
Spirituality Development Worker
The Spirituality Development Worker is a member of the Mount Street Jesuit Centre team reporting to the Centre Manager. The role includes:
- The development of retreats in daily life, particularly outside the Centre premises in parishes and similar locations.
- The coordination and training of prayer guides.
- Engaging more generally in the spirituality work of the centre.
The Spirituality Development Worker should:
- Have received training in spiritual accompaniment.
- Be familiar with the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius and the Ignatian tradition.
- Have completed the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius in some form.
- Have experience of providing spiritual direction.
- Have experience of facilitating small groups.
- Be able to work as a member of a team but also be able to work on their own and have the skills to organise and promote events.
- A knowledge of the work of the Mount Street Jesuit Centre is an advantage
The post is for 24 hours a week, normally over four days a week but some weekend and evening work is required.
This is a fixed term post in the first instance which is funded up until 30th September, 2018. It is anticipated that funding for a further year will be available.
Salary: £20,479.68 per annum
Please, send your CV and cover letter explaining why you are applying for the post to:
The Director, Mount Street Jesuit Centre, 114 Mount Street, London, W1K 3AH
Email: [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 23rd March 2018