When the Vocations Director confirms that the time has come to apply to the Society of Jesus, you will then be considered a ‘candidate’.
During the stage of candidacy you will be:
- Invited to make a silent retreat of up to eight days
- Given a Jesuit Spiritual director with whom you can meet once a month
- Encouraged to visit Jesuit communities to get to know the Jesuits and the work of the Society better
- Invited to the novitiate to see what the life of the Jesuit novices is like
Applying to the Society involves:
- Completing an application form and writing a 2000 word autobiography.
- A first interview after which 4 references are taken up
- A psychological assessment
- A second interview (individual meetings with four interviewers)
- A meeting with the Provincial