Mission and aims
“The Church needs you, relies on you and continues to turn to you with trust, particularly to reach those physical and spiritual places which others do not reach or have difficulty in reaching.”
Pope Benedict XVI addresses the 35th General Congregation of Jesuits, February 21st, 2008
Our Mission today is
The Service of Faith and the Promotion of Justice.
Our aims are:
- To strengthen faith life in the Roman Catholic tradition
- To advance social justice
- To nurture the life and work of Jesuits at home and abroad.
We do this through:
- Operation of schools and colleges of higher education
- Service of parishes
- Operation of centres, programmes and publications for spiritual education
- Provision of university chaplaincy services
- Operation of British branches of Jesuit Refugee Service and Jesuit Missions
- Service to marginalised people with support of Jesuit volunteer networks
- Grant aid to support the work of Jesuits in developing countries
- Training Jesuits and Catholic clergy in Britain and other countries
- Provision of care to sick and retired Jesuits.
In the British Province we have 142 men living in seventeen communities. They work as parish priests, chaplains, teachers, academics, writers, doctors, spiritual directors and artists.
Download our 2015-2016 annual report annual_report_15-16.pdf
Download our 2014-2015 annual report annual_report_14-15.pdf
Download our 2013-2014 annual report annual_report_13-14.pdf