Jesuit Missions is the international office of the Jesuits in Britain. For over seventy years it has supported vulnerable communities across Africa, Asia and Latin America.
Following in the footsteps of St Ignatius, Jesuit Missions strives to go wherever the need is greatest and put their compassion into action.
Although their office is based in Wimbledon, they work closely with Jesuit local partners across the globe and support over 17,000 Jesuits who are putting their faith into action in the field. They are guided by Ignatian Spirituality and Catholic Social teaching to act with compassion and stand in solidarity with our brothers and sisters across the world.
Recent projects include:
- Supporting South Sudanese refugees in Uganda by ensuring they are able to continue their education
- Working with fishing communities in the Philippines following Typhoon Haiyan in 2013 to rebuild houses that will withstand any future disasters
- Supporting women in Darjeeling, India through a para legal empowerment programme
- Working with the local government in Guyana to support a new bilingual education programme for Wapichan children.
Jesuit Missions has been running an International volunteer programme for over ten years. An opportunity for volunteers from the UK to put their faith into action and support some of the most vulnerable communities in the world.
Their programmes include:
- Six months teaching English at a Jesuit school in Tanzania
- Six months teaching English at a Jesuit school in India
- Three months working with refuges in South Africa
- One month working in a children’s camp in Kyrgyzstan
You can find out more about Jesuit Missions and keep up to date with their work by signing up to their free monthly E-newsletter or following them on social media:
Facebook: Jesuit Missions UK
Get in touch
11 Edge Hill
Tel: 020 8946 0466